Monday, August 13, 2012

Malawi, here we come!!!

So I am currently in Toronto, sitting in a nice comfy hotel bed,soaking up all the squishy-ness,cozy-ness and pillows. It may be my last comfortable bed for the next two weeks. Especially tomorrow night as it will be spent on the plane. I must say, after all this traveling, planes are kinda loosing their appeal and I also seem to be loosing my ability to sleep well on planes. Oh well!

Yet again, it wasn't too fun saying goodbye to hubbs, but as our good friend Clark said, there is a certain peace and excitement that comes when you are leaving to do something that God is calling you too." so we're just excited to see what God has instore. we will definitely miss each other, but distance makes the heart grow fonder! :)

We have an awesome team! It was so great to finally meet everyone! We have girls from age 13-22! It's so diverse and really fun team. Two of the girls fundraiser all summer and raised an overwhelming amount of money to give to the village of hope for uniforms and a new water heater. Other girls had birthday parties and asked for donations for the kids in the village rather than birthday  presents for herself.  We have sooooooooooooooo many donations to bring to the missionaries, all really awesome, fantastic stuff. We're so excited to see their faces!

I'm excited to be  co-leading this team and learning from Kim. It's going to be a stretching experienceand I am so excited to learn from her. I'm hoping, if all goes well, that I'll be able to lead more teams in the future. That would be a dream come true!!

Please keep us in your thougts and prayers, especially for safe travel and health.

Again, I will not be able to post while I am in Malawi, but please check the tattered tiaras website for daily blogs and you'll be updated on our daily adventures and get to see pictures from our day. Www.tatteredtiaras.com

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment